Thursday, July 29, 2010

Birthday Lilies ♥


Yes, yes, I know, another flowery card this week... Hope I haven't bored you with all my girly cards yet!

Well, if I can blame someone for my obsessive infatuation of flowers, it will be my dearest mum (love you mum, but the truth will out one of these days, LOL). Yep, my mum really loves gardening and she always decorates our house with flowers, fresh or plastic :). But since I have neither the time nor the green thumb she does; making girly, flowery cards is a perfect enough outlet for me :).

Anyway, I've mentioned in one of my previous posts that both my parents' birthdays are coming up in August. So I made this birthday card for my mum, and I thought this digital stamp of two lilies that I made earlier this week is perfect for her. I printed it on heavy white cardstock and colored it with water color pencils.

I used Papertake Weekly Challenge Sketch #45 for the pattern, and the color theme was taken from Color Throwdown #103... but the red turned out to be much too pink... :(.


I also wanted take part in the Digital Tuesday Challenge #69, Dazzle Me, so I used one of my most favorite SEI papers, Mimosa Sangria glitter paper. Unfortunately my photos don't really show off the glittery texture of the paper, sorry ladies!! :) :) But don't worry, I've got three Prima Marketing jewel drops to add some sparkle!


I made a flower embellishment from cotton crochet lace and added a plastic brown button--tied to the flower using a piece of jute string--to finish off. That made up seven elements that I used for this card, people: cardstock, patterned paper, digital stamp, jewel drops, cotton lace, plastic button and jute string. Yayyy, I get to submit this card to Practical Scrappers' Challenge too, which is to use 7 items or more on my card!!



Well, all that said, I'm also submitting this post to Stamp Something's Weekly Challenge, albeit last minute (I literally a few hours left on the clock for its InLinkz submission, LOL!). Their challenge this week is to make a flowery design, and I think this card is a perfect candidate :) :). Last but not least, I am also posting this entry to Dutch Dare Card Challenge #83, Anything Goes.

Thanks so much for visiting, do visit again for another one of my posts this weekend!!

Much love,
F

14 comments:

Maria Matter said...

Wowza, this is gorgeous!!!!
Thanks for sharing this Dazzlin' card!
Blessings!

Unknown said...

Wow Stunning....Beautiful Card, love the images, colours & layout so fab!!!

Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something this week for our "Something Flowery" Challenge.

Hugs Jo xxxx

JanR said...

So pretty and your colouring job is fantastic!!

Penny Light/Light Whimsy said...

Wow, this is so beautiful. Your coloring is excellent, so very pretty. I love flowers too. No apologies here! :0) Thanks for joining us at our 7 things challenge at Practical Scrappers.

Feby N. McCann said...

Thank you all ladies for visiting and leaving behind your comments :). Cheerios!! xxx

LeAnne said...

Very pretty, Feby! Glad you could join us at CTD!

Feby N. McCann said...

Thanks for stopping by LeAnne! Looking forward to more fab color combos from CTD :)

Mandy said...

Beautiful card absolutely stunning!

Thanks for joining us at PTW this week.

Mandy

Dwita said...

Hi Feby, nice to meet you. Aih, kartumy cantik sekali. Tinggal di Singapore? Toko langganan aku di Junior de Craft. Itu supplier stamp Hero Arts wilayah sini.. Aku pingin banget belanja lagi di situ, tapi belum ada waktu yg pas utk ke sana. Kapan datang ke Indo? Kalau aku ke Sg, kita bisa ketemuan ya... Btw, ikutan Hero Arts Flickr? MEnarik sekali.. Sampai jumpa lagi ya, Feb. Aku masukan blogmu di sebelah kanan blog aku... Daaa...

Feby N. McCann said...

@Mandy: Thanks for visiting Mandy! The pleasure is mine :)

@Dwita: Thanks... Iya Mbak, tinggal di Sing. Oh toko yang di Novena itu yah? Di sini dah lumayan banyak sih toko2 arts supply gitu, lucu2.. Tapi aku akhir2 ini malah seringnya beli stamp online, milih2nya lebih puas hehehe...Mbak kl ada FB add aku ya, biar bs ngobrol, he3. Thanks :)

Tammy Hershberger said...

Very pretty! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown!

Sandy O said...

What a nice image and you colored it so well. The lace and lace flower are perfect. Thank you for joining us this week at Digital Tuesday challenge.

Photography said...

I love flower cards! These are really pretty and I love the lace touch :-)

Monika Reeck said...

Feby I love your coloring so Fab and the color combo also...nice really nice...WONDERFRUL bday card....hugs, Monika