Hi again :)!
Since I haven't posted anything in four weeks, I thought I may as well publish two posts in a day now, LOL!
Anyway, one of my colleagues who also happens to be a dear friend of mine is leaving next week :(. Yes, it's very sad for me as she's very, very funny and she keeps our office alive (and makes those dreadful workday afternoons bearable, LOL), but I'm also happy for her as she's making a move into her own business :).
Anyway, I made her this card to go with her farewell gift (and again keeping my fingers crossed that she does not see this post until I gave her the card, LOL), using Sketch #182 from the Card Positioning Systems Blog.
I made the digistamp of a party dress a while back, which I thought goes quite well with the theme; wishing my friend all the best of success in the future :). To give the dress a fabric-looking effect, I printed one image onto a white paper, another on a SEI Juliette Lady's Boudoir pearl paper, and another on a plain gray paper that I smeared with silver glitter glue. I pieced the three layers together and voila! A glitzy, girly and glamorous party dress :). Simon Says Challenge Blog has their Paper Piecing Challenge this week, therefore I'm entering this card to the pool too!
I made and printed the sentiments "Dressed for Success" on a normal printer paper; font credit goes to Kevin and Amanda at Free Scrapbook Fonts. The rose I used for the embellishment was made from off-white flannel. Lastly, I'm posting this card to Bee Crafty's Anything Goes challenge, that requires the use of a digi image; as well as Stamptacular Sunday's Challenge Pretty in Pink. Aly's Sunday Challenge has the pretty in pink theme too, which makes it super convenient for me ^_^
Well that's all for today... I still have some more cards to make this week but more on that later :). Enjoy the rest of your weekend and thanks for viewing!
Sunday, August 29, 2010
Hi again :)!
Helllooooo everyone... It sure is great to be back in bloggerland!
It has been exactly four weeks since my last blog post and I really, really miss making cards, but I literally have been lost amongst a sea of boxes at my new house :). I can't believe it had taken me more than three weeks to sort out my work space with the amount of paper scraps and many other bits and bobs, but thankfully it's all done and now I have a bigger study-cum-studio for all my crafting endeavors! Yayyy!
Last week I got a nice, wonderful surprise from fellow blogger-slash-cardmaker Jan R, who has so kindly awarded me with the "Cherry On Top" Award.
Thank you very much for the award, Jan, and also for your kind comments on my blog ^_^!!
This award has some conditions, however, which are:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award... DONE!
2. Add it to your blog... DONE!
3. List 3 things about yourself:
- I have an odd, inexplicable fondness of clothes hangers. I use them to hang anything just about anywhere in my house and I could not resist going to a home appliances shop without buying at least ten new plastic hangers every single time. Oh, and I just HAVE TO hang all of them facing the same direction in the closet. Otherwise, I won't sleep soundly at night.
- In pretty much the same way, I have a strange paranoia for geckos a.k.a house lizards. This goes to the extent where I would not step into a room where I suspect one is present.
- I don't like watching movies at home because I have a very, very short attention span. I can only watch proper films in a cinema because it requires me to SIT DOWN for the entire duration, and when I'm at home, I can only watch a 45-minute TV series at the max.
4. Post your favorite pic:
This is a difficult choice. I guess I'll just have to post two of my recent favorites:
5. Send the award to 5 people-- I think these five following bloggers deserve this "Cherry On Top" Award:
1. Agustina at Made with Love: Agustina's cards are beautiful, but her blog I love even more! It has a pretty wind-chime on the page and it's all pink and lovely :). She also posts other crafts on her blog, not only cards, so it's a plus!
2. Dwita at Crafter's Life: Dwita's cards are cute and fab, and she holds craft courses on making Bookmarks and Washi Dolls too!
3. Addii at Addii: Addii is such a creative cardmaker and she always actively participates in various cardmaking challenges!
4. Monika at Creative with Monika: Monika is an avid stamper and a very, very prolific cardmaker although she's a busy mum of two! Her cards are cute and gorgeous!
5. Ayu at Ayu's Projects: Ayu's cards are very cute, and once in a while Ayu gives away her super cute hand-made digistamps, which I love!
Thanks again for Jan and much love for everyone! Thanks for visiting!
Sunday, August 1, 2010
Well, two birthday cards down last week, three more to go :). Next week will be the last week before we have to move house though, so with all the bits and bobs we have yet to pack, I don't know whether I'd be able to finish and mail all the cards in time :(.
Anyway, in the midst of folding and packing a sea of clothes while listening to Jason Mraz's I'm Yours - Remix (trust me, this song really makes any kind of house chores more enjoyable--albeit slower as I'd dance like fifty per cent of the time!), I managed to squeeze in making one more birthday card for my beloved dad.
I haven't submitted any cards to the CPS blog for the past two weeks, so this week I played along with their sketch #178 Challenge :). I loved their sketch this week; very clean and simple, so I'm also submitting it to the Stamp, Scrap & Doodle Saturday Blog challenge--their theme for this week happens to be clean and simple as well.
I managed to create AND finish a digital paper kit on Saturday, which is very, very fast by my standards :), so I got to use it for today's card. I have yet to find a suitable name for the kit, though, LOL. I also used a digital stamp of a tree for the topper.
The interesting part of this card is the embellishment; I used three wooden-carved letters to form the word "DAD". I bought these wooden letters from a local craft shop a few months back, and I've actually forgotten that I'd bought them. Luckily I found them amongst my pile of paper scraps when I was making this card, LOL.
Now on to the discount coupon!!
Since my dad's birthday's coming up, I want to celebrate it by sharing a little joy with everybody :). If you have a special man in your life that you'd like to give a present to, now is the perfect time!
Hop on to Brookstone Online Store today for a wide selection of unique, thoughtful gifts for dad or that special someone that you love.
~ February Lane ~ readers will get to enjoy $10 off any online purchase of $70 or more!!
Enter this coupon code when you purchase from their online shop: 22SAVE
That's all for now, hope you'll enjoy the discount coupon! Thanks for visiting!