Sunday, August 29, 2010

Dressed For Success :)

Hi again :)!

Since I haven't posted anything in four weeks, I thought I may as well publish two posts in a day now, LOL!

Anyway, one of my colleagues who also happens to be a dear friend of mine is leaving next week :(. Yes, it's very sad for me as she's very, very funny and she keeps our office alive (and makes those dreadful workday afternoons bearable, LOL), but I'm also happy for her as she's making a move into her own business :).

Anyway, I made her this card to go with her farewell gift (and again keeping my fingers crossed that she does not see this post until I gave her the card, LOL), using Sketch #182 from the Card Positioning Systems Blog.

I made the digistamp of a party dress a while back, which I thought goes quite well with the theme; wishing my friend all the best of success in the future :). To give the dress a fabric-looking effect, I printed one image onto a white paper, another on a SEI Juliette Lady's Boudoir pearl paper, and another on a plain gray paper that I smeared with silver glitter glue. I pieced the three layers together and voila! A glitzy, girly and glamorous party dress :). Simon Says Challenge Blog has their Paper Piecing Challenge this week, therefore I'm entering this card to the pool too!


I made and printed the sentiments "Dressed for Success" on a normal printer paper; font credit goes to Kevin and Amanda at Free Scrapbook Fonts. The rose I used for the embellishment was made from off-white flannel. Lastly, I'm posting this card to Bee Crafty's Anything Goes challenge, that requires the use of a digi image; as well as Stamptacular Sunday's Challenge Pretty in Pink. Aly's Sunday Challenge has the pretty in pink theme too, which makes it super convenient for me ^_^


Well that's all for today... I still have some more cards to make this week but more on that later :). Enjoy the rest of your weekend and thanks for viewing!

Much love,
F

20 comments:

Maria said...

Very lovely card! That dress is so sweet and love the flannel rose!

dstandard said...

Beautiful card!

Janette said...

Cute card! I love how you used the digistamp.

Linda Beeson said...

What an adorable "girly" card! Love how it fits the CPS sketch.

Feby N. McCann said...

Thanks for visiting ladies! Appreciate all your comments! Hugsies :)

Monika Reeck said...

Hi Feby
terima kasih untuk Awardnya bisa bahasa Indonesia?oh so happy to get the award....
Your card is so lovely nice Images and nice color combo too...lovely embelishment too...
Are you came from Indonesia...me yes :)

hugs, Monika
Keep in contact to my mail monik19793@yahoo.com

Monika Reeck said...

Feby if you have a new card maybe you can join to daisy doodles challenge anything goes this 2 weeks see this dear

http://daisydoodlescreativechallenges.blogspot.com/2010/08/challenge-16-anything-goes.html

I am DT there :) hugs, Monika

Dwita said...

Fab card, Feby...

Gemma said...

This card is just fabulous, love everything about it, the sentiment, the image, the colours and the beautiful rose! Great job!Thanks for joining us at SSC this week, hope you will join us again soon! Hugs Gemma

Graphicat said...

This is wonderful! i love the stamp and the pattern paper you've used here. Great job.
thank you for joining us at Stamptacular this week.
Cheers
cheri

debby4000 said...

Beautiful, adorable card.
luv
Debby

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous card :-) I love this dress and the papers and delicate pinks are very pretty :-) I am sure your friend will love this :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Janneke said...

so pretty!

Annette said...

Oooh! What a pretty in pink creation & such a lovely dress image! Thanks for joining us at SSC this week.

Ayu (MimiPipi Craft) said...

Wooow your card so pretty Febby. Cute banget Feb, suka image gaunnya. Cantik kartunya ^^

Feby N. McCann said...

Wow, thanks for all your kind comments ladies :) :) *Blushing* :) Hugsies!!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! Love all that pink and your image is beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us at Bee Crafty!

Deanne :)

Unknown said...

This card is so totally FABULOUS! You really should consider entering your creations over at the Papercraft Star challenge blog, the challenges are posted way in advance so you have plenty of time to enter and you can win prizes too! http://www.papercraftstar.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

This card is so totally FABULOUS! You really should consider entering your creations over at the Papercraft Star challenge blog, the challenges are posted way in advance so you have plenty of time to enter and you can win prizes too! http://www.papercraftstar.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous card! You are very talanted!


Ally